Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Me a Day: Dread

So... Today is the big day.

I start the Me a Day project.

I have a sense of foreboding... You see, I have this thing. I have to be clean. It's part of my brain thing. That's right. I have a brain thing. I am a crazy person. I am so crazy, in fact, that I am on disability for it.

Diabetes... Mixed Bipolar... Asperger's Syndrome (VERY mild, and very high functioning)... and OCD.

I bathe at least three times daily... I don't have a choice, I have to.

So, today I bathed in preparation for my first self portrait. I was clean, shower fresh and ready. I looked in the mirror and realized that I also needed to shave. So I got to it. As I was trimming up my goatee, one my cats pounced on my foot with the might, power and instinct of her ancestors. You know... the lions of the savannah, the tigers of the jungles stalking their prey – their natural enemies – TOES!

The toes, however, had a different idea and removed themselves from the vicinity. That took everything else off balance and my trimmer went right through the 'tee. So... for the start of my Me a Day project, I am clean shaven... for the first time in years...

It feels weird.

***EDIT***
It's done... Here's the first one

http://flic.kr/p/aDcDwo

No comments:

Post a Comment